Friday 11 January 2013

January jewels!

Have you noticed some plants are blooming?

I go for a walk every day unless it's raining, and I love take notice of nature. I've noticed some shrubs in flower - daphnes, roses and a forsythia. And lots of new shoots coming up.

I love sensing spring in the air. It's turned colder but those shoots are always there!

I'm planning to go and see the snowdrops at Walsingham next month, they are stunning - a carpet of white blooms! And in May go to Blickling Great Wood to see thousands of bluebells. Last spring we went to Hoveton Hall at the peak of the daffodils - so cheery! And there's always something at High Ash Farm opposite the roman camp at Caistor St Edmund. There are huge teasels there now.  There are thousands of sunflowers and other wildflowers in the summer. in 2011 it was like visiting France (not that I've been!) with all the sunflowers and a row of poplars in the distance. I've ordered 2 canvases of photos we took of the sunflowers and the bluebells at Blickling. These will go on my lounge wall and remind me what a beautiful county we live in.

Take time to find the beauty - it's there if you look!

No comments:

Post a Comment